RESEARCH COLLABORATIONS INCLUDE
HEALTH CARE SYSTEMS
HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS
MEDICATION SUPPORT SCALE
An assessment instrument currently under development to predict the areas and degree of support that will likely help individuals adhere to medication treatment plans.
The scale’s sub-scores are one set of indicators used to select the type of support or interventions that will be most helpful; such as physical, social, financial supports or transportation and reminders.
Social Support Network
Creation of an online social support platform to provide incoming patients with chronic illnesses easy access to a trusted, private online space where social support is available. The research will leverage a person-centered, participatory design process to create a social support platform attuned to the needs of this population.
People Driven Care
Health care expenses cause the most personal bankruptcies in the US. People are choosing between eating and life-saving medications. Physicians are burned out. It is time to fix the US health care system! The People Driven Care Amendment (PDCA) is a proposed US Constitutional Amendment for health care. It will create a truly competitive market (real choice!) like in Switzerland.
PDCA establishes these five major rights in the US Constitution:
1. Quality health care services (with transparent pricing) for everyone.
2. National health insurance standards for more competitive markets.
3. Data privacy, protecting against web/phone, Big Data, and Internet of Things surveillance/tracking.
4. People Votes that give us the right to petition and hold national referendums on health policies.
5. Limits on lobbying by former officials and campaign funding from special interest groups.
Please download the draft text of People Driven Care Amendment and send us your comments.